On a beautiful sunny day like today I’d quite like to enjoy the park as others do. When you work in the park all of the time, you can miss the pleasure of just ‘being in the park’. There’s always so much for us to do …
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not feeling sorry for myself, quite the opposite; there’s really nothing better for us ‘parkie’s’ than seeing everyone out there enjoying themselves.
It just makes me think that when people think of the parks in England, I wonder what images are conjured up in their minds?
For me, I love to sit by the bandstand in the summer, listening to the music of the brass bands on a Sunday afternoon.
Jogging around the perimeter – many of our parks are a mile around the perimeter or have a measured mile, so you can judge your distance.
- Walking the dog …
- Playing Frisbee with the children
- Enjoying a picnic on the grass
- Coffee and cake in the tearooms
- Playing in the children’s playground
- Boating on the lake
- Looking for insects, wildlife, birds with the children
- Seeing how many flowers, trees, birds etc I can name
- Sitting in the sunshine eating an ice-cream
- Chatting with friends and other visitors
Until next time – enjoy ‘Wolverhampton’s Great Outdoors’ in this beautiful sunshine.