Sensational Summer Snaps … a competition
Parks and Green Spaces, Wolverhampton City Council, Ground Floor, Civic Centre, St Peter’s Square, Wolverhampton WV1 1SJ
By telephone: 01902 551155
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the competition …
If you’re thinking of entering, read on, grab your camera and give it a go ….
The competition is open to anyone with an eye for capturing a moment in time.
Amateur and professional photographers alike of any age, background and experience level are invited to enter this competition.
Find out how to enter below and please make sure you take time to read the competition terms and conditions before you submit your entry/entries.
Closing Date: 30 September 2011
How to enter …
Please make sure you take the time to read our terms and conditions prior to entering, then download and print a copy of the entry form.
You can choose from a number of ways to get your image to us. You can:
- email a digital version of it to email@example.com
- send it to us at the address shown at the top of this page on a cd or portable hardrive eg usb (using this method please enclose a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope for return)
- or as a printed photograph
- alternatively, you could drop it into us personally
- your name
- your preferred contact details
- your age if you are entering the child/youth category
- your status: eg professional/amateur
- where your photograph was taken in Wolverhampton’s Great Outdoors
Terms and conditions …
- Submitted images should be in jpeg format.
- Hard copy images will be accepted for scanning.
- All entries must be submitted before the closing date of 30 September 2011.
- There are no limits to the number of entries you can submit to this contest.
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: This competition is open to amateur and professional photographers as well as groups and photographic societies. Images must have been taken within the boundaries of Wolverhampton. Please contact us on 01902 551155 if you are unsure if the location falls within the boundaries.
- Application entry: There is no entry charge/fee for submitting images to this competition.
- Theme: This year the theme for the competition is that of ‘Sensational Summer Snaps’, representing Wolverhampton’s Great Outdoors.
- Size/format of image: Please try to ensure that images are at least 300dpi (no larger than 5mb). This will ensure a quality image that has the capacity to be enlarged to A4 size.
- Submission: All photographs must be clearly credited/labelled with a description of the location of the image, together with the entry form giving contact details etc.
- Submit to: email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver via mail or by hand to Parks and Green Spaces, Wolverhampton City Council, Ground Floor, Civic Centre, Wolverhampton WV1 1SJ. If in person this should be within normal office hours. All envelopes should be clearly marked ‘Sensational Summer Snaps – Parks’.
Multiple images should be submitted individually as the ISP may reject their delivery due to exceeding size limits etc.
- Usage: By agreeing the terms & conditions, the participant agrees to their photographic submissions being used in Wolverhampton City Council/Wolverhampton Homes marketing (this may include websites, publications, promotions, etc).
- Credits: Images used as detailed in 6. above will be credited accordingly.
- Adult category: Voucher to the value of £75 from a well-known photography outlet
- Junior category: Voucher to the value of £25 from a well-known photography outlet
- Payment: There will be no payment for any photographs entered into the competition, other than the prize awarded to the competition winner which may be in the form of vouchers. There will be no cash alternative to the prize offered.
- The organisers reserve the right to reject any images over 5mb or any that are deemed offensive in any way.
- Deadline for entries: 30 September 2011
- Judging: Judging will take place during October 2011 and the winning entrant will be advised in their preferred way before 5 November 2011.
Frequently asked questions
No – this competition is completely free to enter.
Where should my photograph(s) be taken?
Your snaps can be taken anywhere outdoors in Wolverhampton. We’re sure you’ll know your favourite outdoor spot. Your photographs must, however, have been taken within the boundaries of Wolverhampton.
Can I submit an old photograph?
You certainly can. Anything that has been personally photographed by you (or that you have the rights and permissions of the person that took the photograph) prior to the closing date of 30 September 2011 can be submitted in this competition.
Does it matter if my entry is in black & white or full colour?
We will accept either.
What will happen to my photograph, digital image etc afterwards?
Please make sure you take a copy of all images that are submitted to us as entries into the competition as original items will not be returned.
Will my image(s) be used again?
Yes. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions thoroughly before submitting your entry as all entries will be used and credited in marketing produced by Wolverhampton City Council/Wolverhampton Homes; this could include websites, blogs, visitor guides etc.
I work for the Council, can I still enter?
Yes, you can. There are no restrictions regarding entry from employees etc.
The judge for this competition is yet to be confirmed and will be announced at a later date.
Prizes in this competition have kindly been donated by Wolverhampton Homes.
About our sponsor …
This competition has received sponsorship support from Wolverhampton Homes.
Wolverhampton Homes is an Arms Length Management Operation (or ALMO), which manages over 23,000 properties on behalf of Wolverhampton City Council. Established in 2005, Wolverhampton Homes are current rated three stars (Excellent) by the Audit Commission, with ‘excellent prospects for improvement’.
Entry form …
SENSATIONAL SUMMER SNAPS
- I am the copyright owner/or have permission of the copyright owner of the image(s) supplied to Parks & Green Spaces, Wolverhampton City Council and give licence for the use of the material for the purpose of promotion in marketing activities, publications etc approved by the aforementioned Council.
- I have complied with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The photograph(s) do not feature anyone who is identifiable, who was not aware that I was photographing them or who has not agreed that I have entered their photograph(s) in the competition. Any images of identifiable children have been authorised by the children’s parents/guardians and I enclose a copy of their signed permission for these photographs to be used by the aforementioned Council/Wolverhampton Homes for marketing and PR activities mentioned above.
- Photograph(s) submitted may need to be cropped or processed and I waive any right that I have to object to such treatment of the photograph(s).
- I will be responsible for keeping my own records as evidence that I have carried out the above tasks.
- I agree to indemnify the Council against any action, claim or demand arising out of the use of the material.
- I have read the terms below (or in the case of entrants aged 16 and under) parent/guardian signature.
You can also find more detailed information about this competition here.
Creative Commons credits: